These two tents look remarkably similar. In fact, many people claim the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 is a blatant copy of the Hilleberg Allak 2. However, we are not getting into that today. Instead, we are simply going to compare the specs. Hopefully a Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 vs Hilleberg Allak 2 spec comparison will help you weigh up the pros and cons of each.
Let’s dive straight in and take a look at the spec of each tent.
Naturehike Cloud Peak 2
2.1kg / 4 lbs 10 oz (outer, inner and poles)
2.5kg / 5 lbs 8 oz (outer, inner, poles, stakes, guy lines, footprint)
210cm (6’11”) long x 274cm (9’) wide x 105cm (3’5”) high
210cm (6’11”) long x 130cm (4’3”) wide (head end) / 120cm (3’11”) wide (foot end) x inner height not actually specified
7001 7mm aluminum poles
Outer: 20D silicone-coated nylon.
Inner: B3 mesh upper. 20D silicone-coated nylon bathtub floor.
Outer: 4000mm HH
Floor: 4000mm HH
AMAZON – CHECK PRICE
If you are interested in other budget ultralight backpacking tents, check out our 3F UL Lanshan 1 Pro and 3F UL Lanshan 2 Pro – spec comparison article.
Hilleberg Allak 2
2.8 kg / 6 lbs 3 oz (outer, inner and poles)
3.3 kg / 7 lbs 4 oz (including everything that comes with the tent)
230cm (7’7”) long x 280cm (9’2”) wide x 105cm (3’5”) high
225cm (7’5”) long x 130cm (4’3”) wide x 105cm (3’5”) high
9 mm DAC-aluminium poles
Outer: Siliconized Kerlon 1200 30D Ripstop Nylon 66. Coated on both sides with a total of 3 layers of 100% silicone, and treated for UV resistance during dyeing and coating.
Inner: 30 Denier Ripstop Nylon, DWR coating.
Floor: 70 Denier Nylon, Triple-coated Polyurethane.
Outer: 5000mm HH
Floor: 15000mm HH
Not included (available separately)
By doing the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 vs Hilleberg Allak 2 spec comparison, it’s clear to see the main differences:
- The Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 is quite a lot lighter than the Hilleberg Allak 2.
- The Hilleberg Allak 2 has a bit more room than the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2. If you’re over 6’ tall then we believe you might find the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 a bit small, particularly when you factor in your sleeping pad height.
- The Hilleberg Allak 2 poles are thicker and stronger than the ones that come with the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2.
- The Hilleberg Allak 2 is made from better fabrics than the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2.
- The Hilleberg Allak 2 is more waterproof than the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2.
- The Hilleberg Allak 2 does not come with a footprint, the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 does.
- The Hilleberg Allak 2 is a 4 season tent whereas the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 is only suitable really for 3 seasons due to the all-mesh inner and the outer not reaching the floor. However, you could therefore argue that the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 will be more comfortable in high temperatures.
- The Hilleberg Allak 2 is a whopping 6 times more expensive compared to the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2.
There are a few differences that can’t be seen by simply looking at the spec. The build quality, strength and overall features of the Hilleberg Allak will be far superior to that of the Naturehike Cloud Peak. If you are the sort of person that enjoys the finer things in life (and can afford them) then there are obvious benefits to owning a Hilleberg.
However, there’s still that little matter of price. As mentioned, the Hilleberg Allak 2 is about 6 times more expensive. Is it worth it? Well, if you camp in exposed places and need a top quality, reliable tent to protect you from the elements, then yes it is. However, the fact is that many people simply cannot afford a $1,000+ tent, which is where the Naturehike Cloud Peak 2 comes in. If you are camping on a budget, and need a good, value for money tent then the Cloud Peak 2 is certainly worthy of your consideration.
If you have any comments or additional information about either of these tents please leave a comment below.
Affiliate disclaimer: We generate some revenue through affiliate marketing. Therefore, we may receive commissions when you click our links to products/services and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
General disclaimer: This article has been compiled on a best effort basis from research on the manufacturers’ own websites. We do not guarantee the information/data we have given is correct and cannot be held responsible for incorrect information. Always do your own spec checks before making a purchase.