We did an article a few months ago that covered the Trekology Aluft 2.0 Inflatable Camping Pillow spec. We thought that was one of the best camping pillows around… until we came across the Trekology Aluft Deluxe camping pillow. This could well be the best camping pillow available – it’s an absolute cracker and takes the Trekology Aluft 2.0 to another level. Let’s check out the spec of the Deluxe and then give the key differences between the Aluft Deluxe and the Aluft 2.0:
The best camping pillow – Trekology Aluft Deluxe
120g (4.2 oz)
Lightweight inflatable camping pillow with a comfortable ergonomic design
Length 40.5cm (16”) x Width 28cm (11”) x Thickness 10cm (4”)
15.2cm x 10cm (6” × 4”)
Pillowcase with foam padding
The Aluft Deluxe camping pillow has Trekology’s click button air valve which makes the pillow easy to inflate with just a few breaths. It’s also quick and easy to deflate too.
There is a detachable pillow strap to secure the pillow to your camping mat. There’s nothing worse than losing your pillow at night – the strap stops that happening.
There is a nice little stuff sack included which remains attached to the pillow so you don’t lose it in all your camping clutter. It simply tucks away at the back of the pillow.
Where is it designed and made?
Designed in Oregon USA and manufactured in China
At a glance – Differences between the Trekology Aluft Deluxe camping pillow and the Trekology Aluft 2.0 Camping Pillow
- The Aluft Deluxe has the soft luxurious pillow case that should make it more comfortable to sleep on than the Aluft 2.0.
- The Aluft Deluxe weighs slightly more than the Aluft 2.0. It’s a weight difference you’re unlikely to notice though.
- The Aluft Deluxe is not quite as wide as the Aluft 2.0. (The length and thickness are the same.) We think this is a good thing. People generally don’t use the upper section of a pillow – you may as well save the space.
- The Aluft Deluxe has a slightly bigger pack size than the Aluft 2.0. Who cares though, it’s still tiny.
- The Aluft Deluxe has a removable pillow case that’s washable. The Aluft 2.0 doesn’t.
It’s easy to see why many believe the Trekology Aluft Deluxe pillow is the best camping pillow available. It looks super comfy, lightweight, washable and budget friendly.
Check out our articles on the Trekology camping mats too – they go great with the Aluft pillows: Trekology UL80 Camping Mat (2020 version) spec and the thicker Trekology UL140 in our article comparing the two: Trekology UL140 and UL80 camping mat differences.
General disclaimer: This article has been compiled on a best effort basis from research on the manufacturer’s own website. We do not guarantee the information/data we have given is correct and cannot be held responsible for incorrect information. Always do your own spec checks before making a purchase.